Super CLASH Bros (demo version)
Super Clash Bros is a fan-made crossover game featuring a battle mode and adventure mode. The characters are kept very accurate to their original games (same abilities, same health systems, etc.). This is an early, unfinished and glitchy version but it's still very playable and fun with a group of friends. I'm hosting a game night every weekend, join the Discord chat if you want to play or set up your own online matches: https://discord.gg/Djcs4J4
- Online multiplayer via Parsec.
- The downloadable version has better gamepad support and performance.
- The default controls are setup so you can play by yourself with a character to each hand. You can change them through the Control Mapper button in the lobby or by pressing Left Ctrl. You should play with a gamepad though, just about every gamepad is supported in the downloadable version.
- Mario/Luigi can get Yoshi via the item bubbles under certain conditions. Yoshi can't eat Bowser but Bowser can't ride Yoshi.
That's all for now, let me know any feedback you have. You can follow progress on the Discord server (watch the #live-change-log channel to see the changes I make as I make them).
If you subscribe to my Youtube channel, click that bell right after you subscribe so you can be notified of new videos.
Thanks for playing!
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Made with||Unity, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||16-bit, 2D, Fangame, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, NES, party-game, Pixel Art, Versus|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 4|
You just need to right-click the folder and extract the files, and open Super CLASH Bros.exe. Don't move the .exe file out of that folder you extracted to.
- Super Clash Bros - Character Reveal Video!45 days ago
- Added ghost options!92 days ago
- Updated to v0.72.1 with new menu and musicSep 18, 2018
- New update with Scorpion & Samus! (v0.7.1)Sep 06, 2018
- Updated to v0.6.5 with fix for Update problemsAug 12, 2018
- Updated to v0.6.3, now with auto-updaterAug 08, 2018
- Updated to v0.6.2 + some announcementsAug 06, 2018
- Updated to v0.6 with new charactersAug 02, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I cant wait till this is finished
hey I really like your project if you take feedback I have some suggestion take them like you want. (mostly balancing even if it is just for fun)
I think that contra guy would need just a little more hp maby like 5 bars
The mega mans should have something else than tracking missiles and let that to the contra guy exclusively. since they got a lot of hp they are already very strong!
Samus and link could have a little more hp and samus could get screw attack and a reserve tank in power ups similar to link's fairy
Can sonic trio have a little more power ups or is there nothing else in their games?
I would be cool to see bowser HP
Maby luigi can get his smash fireballs?
Mario look very strong a possibility to nerf him a little is when he is small and takes a power ups it would act as a normal mushroom.
can youu put the timer visible before the sudden death and are stock battles/tag battle a possibility?
thx for the reading I hope the best for this project
how do you even jump
Hit F1 to change your controls. Or press that big keyboard/controller button on the main menu or in the lobby.
I can't wait until this is finished! You are one holy being, stay on my screen.
Couch or normal version?
I really enjoyed this man I mean im pretty bad but this is a real cool concept yknow just the characters with an unmodified moveset I mean that probably causes balancing issues or whatever but its still a really fun idea
I also enjoyed the little Mario v. Luigi fight I had with the dev that was a good fight man
110 days ago(+1)(-1)
Nyegh, Instruction unclear, thumb stuck in toaster and penis 0/10 would smash. UwU
A very good game, I have been looking forward to the FC version of Mario. Like the Contra, two people can fight with the screen, instead of two people taking turns to replace it. After 18 years, the dream is finally realized here. I hope the author can formally complete it. Game, add more levels. Suggestion: If you can take a risk, you can choose 1p and 2p without physical collision. I look forward to the official version of the online steam, add more language options.
126 days ago(+1)
Yay! The characters are unlocked!
143 days ago(+2)
Its the best game on Itch
152 days ago(+1)
By far my favorite smash like game and cant wait for more
Excelent game thx 4 this game :D
in web verzion link is corrupt
Wow, this is pretty sweet! A very ambitious fan game. :)
which version? Browser or Win or Mac or Linux?
Love the new update! I would love to see samus finished :p
How long does it normally take for an update for this game?
Love the game so far, my brother and I love to play this.
228 days ago (+1)
Hey, i wanted To Play but could you make a 800 X 600 version please because my computer doesn't support 1280 X 720
Hmm, maybe! I'm not sure how much work that would be for me due to the way I set up a lot of things in the game.
Hey when i tried playing the game everything involving the stage sprites glitched quite a bit.
Oh wow, thanks for showing me. Did this happen after you finished a horde infection match?
The sprites didn't show up when i played. there was just a bunch of pink squares.
Thanks for telling me! Which OS are you running?
I am running a MAC OS, but I was playing the online version.
So just fyi, another guy said he fixed this by just closing/reopening the tab.
1 year ago(+1)(-1)
Holy shit Jeremy this is amazing definitely worth the wait despite the glitches here and there its still really fun to play.
Theres a few things that could be improved tho.
Sonic doesn't exactly work on slopes
Luigi needs a few alt sprites other than his smb3 all-stars sprites thats a minor thing so I wouldn't really worry about that just yet. (small problem here if both mario and luigi are being played at the same time and they both have a fire flower they will look exactly the same if they are using smb.1 style sprites) (also on this topic sonic would be pretty cool with his sprites from mania and megman could use his sprites from mm7)
It would be cool if Mario and Luigi had their spin jump form mario world.
There are a few pretty low quality sound effects for example the win song for megaman.
So overall some pretty minor stuff if you wanted help ripping some sprites and or music im up for it so hit me up :P (preferably on discord cus i rarely look through my emails) im pretty sure i have a NSF fle of all the music from MM2 so i can get ya a high quality version of that using good old famitracker.
Discord: bigdaddy2#3186 (Yes you already have me added)
1 year ago(-1)
- yep I still need to work on the slopes. Actually that particular area where Sonic is stuck I can do a quick duct tape fix for that for the next update I think
- I'll be using some custom Luigi SMB1 sprites with green/white fire suit and a taller/thinner head. I'll add Sonic Mania sprites too. Maybe MM7 Megaman, he'd be a different character though with a different weapon set. I've already started on Megaman X too.
- all versions of Mario bros do actually have their spin jump, it's Action 3 (B on Xbox controller), and it beats out Sonic's spin attack jump.
- Oh thanks, yeah if you could get me a better version of that song that'd be great. It's the Get Weapon track from Megaman 3.