A very good game, I have been looking forward to the FC version of Mario. Like the Contra, two people can fight with the screen, instead of two people taking turns to replace it. After 18 years, the dream is finally realized here. I hope the author can formally complete it. Game, add more levels. Suggestion: If you can take a risk, you can choose 1p and 2p without physical collision. I look forward to the official version of the online steam, add more language options.
Super CLASH Bros (pre-alpha version)
Super Clash Bros is a fan-made crossover game featuring a battle mode and adventure mode. The characters are kept very accurate to their original games (same abilities, same health systems, etc.). This is an early, unfinished and glitchy version but it's still very playable and fun with a group of friends. I'm hosting a game night every weekend, join the Discord chat if you want to play or set up your own online matches:https://discord.gg/Djcs4J4
- Online multiplayer via Parsec.
- The downloadable version has better gamepad support and performance.
- The default controls are setup so you can play by yourself with a character to each hand. You can change them through the Control Mapper button in the lobby or by pressing escape key or pause key. You should play with a gamepad though, just about every gamepad is supported in the downloadable version.
- Mario/Luigi can get Yoshi via the item bubbles under certain conditions. Yoshi can't eat Bowser but Bowser can't ride Yoshi.
- When you die you come back as a ghost. They're not tracked yet by the camera zoomer/positioner, so you won't be able to see the ghosts if they're too far away.
That's all for now, let me know any feedback you have. You can follow progress on the Discord server (watch the #live-change-log channel to see the changes I make as I make them).
If you subscribe to my Youtube channel, click that bell right after you subscribe so you can be notified of new videos.
Thanks for playing!
|Published||Dec 24, 2017|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Made with||Unity, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||16-bit, 2D, Fangame, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, NES, party-game, Pixel Art, Versus|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 4|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Updated to v0.72.1 with new menu and music6 days ago
- New update with Scorpion & Samus! (v0.7.1)17 days ago
- Updated to v0.6.5 with fix for Update problems42 days ago
- Updated to v0.6.3, now with auto-updater47 days ago
- Updated to v0.6.2 + some announcements48 days ago
- Updated to v0.6 with new characters53 days ago
- Super Clash Bros teaser trailer54 days ago
- Updated to v0.5.188 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Yay! The characters are unlocked!
Its the best game on Itch
By far my favorite smash like game and cant wait for more
Excelent game thx 4 this game :D
in web verzion link is corrupt
Wow, this is pretty sweet! A very ambitious fan game. :)
which version? Browser or Win or Mac or Linux?
Love the new update! I would love to see samus finished :p
How long does it normally take for an update for this game?
Love the game so far, my brother and I love to play this.
Hey, i wanted To Play but could you make a 800 X 600 version please because my computer doesn't support 1280 X 720
Hmm, maybe! I'm not sure how much work that would be for me due to the way I set up a lot of things in the game.
Hey when i tried playing the game everything involving the stage sprites glitched quite a bit.
Oh wow, thanks for showing me. Did this happen after you finished a horde infection match?
The sprites didn't show up when i played. there was just a bunch of pink squares.
Thanks for telling me! Which OS are you running?
I am running a MAC OS, but I was playing the online version.
So just fyi, another guy said he fixed this by just closing/reopening the tab.
Holy shit Jeremy this is amazing definitely worth the wait despite the glitches here and there its still really fun to play.
Theres a few things that could be improved tho.
Sonic doesn't exactly work on slopes
Luigi needs a few alt sprites other than his smb3 all-stars sprites thats a minor thing so I wouldn't really worry about that just yet. (small problem here if both mario and luigi are being played at the same time and they both have a fire flower they will look exactly the same if they are using smb.1 style sprites) (also on this topic sonic would be pretty cool with his sprites from mania and megman could use his sprites from mm7)
It would be cool if Mario and Luigi had their spin jump form mario world.
There are a few pretty low quality sound effects for example the win song for megaman.
So overall some pretty minor stuff if you wanted help ripping some sprites and or music im up for it so hit me up :P (preferably on discord cus i rarely look through my emails) im pretty sure i have a NSF fle of all the music from MM2 so i can get ya a high quality version of that using good old famitracker.
Discord: bigdaddy2#3186 (Yes you already have me added)
- yep I still need to work on the slopes. Actually that particular area where Sonic is stuck I can do a quick duct tape fix for that for the next update I think
- I'll be using some custom Luigi SMB1 sprites with green/white fire suit and a taller/thinner head. I'll add Sonic Mania sprites too. Maybe MM7 Megaman, he'd be a different character though with a different weapon set. I've already started on Megaman X too.
- all versions of Mario bros do actually have their spin jump, it's Action 3 (B on Xbox controller), and it beats out Sonic's spin attack jump.
- Oh thanks, yeah if you could get me a better version of that song that'd be great. It's the Get Weapon track from Megaman 3.